Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Crash Course in Marketing


I've been very busy lately, but not so much with my art, which is why I haven't had a post in a while. I finally got my site up and I am now taking a crash course in marketing. I got a book that seems like it's about 3 feet thick on all the rules of Search Engine Optimizing or SEO as they call it. It's hard to sit still and get through it, but I'm slowly trudging through, knowing I can do a million new designs, but if no one can find them, what's the point? I'm fantasizing about the day I can afford to hire someone to do this stuff for me and I can concentrate on what I really want to be doing, which is drawing. I've got some new design ideas in my head, ready to go as soon as I'm done with the optimizing. I'm going to design a line for college student's dorm rooms, which I'm looking forward to greatly. I have several family members in college right now and did this design for my niece Tara. She doesn't actually live in a dorm, but isn't allowed to put up nails in her place either. It's a bit more contemporary than most of my designs, but still has a soft antiqued quality too it.

Jennifer
www.castleberryds.com

No comments:

Post a Comment