Monday, February 20, 2012

Fireplace Makeover


A while back I tackled the job of making over my very ugly and dated fireplace. It had this rough looking, very 70'sish wood mantle and plain white tile and absolutely no personality. I've never built a mantle from scratch, so I went down to Superior Moulding with my husband and a photo of what we wanted in hand. One of the guys working there help us pick out the moulding we would need and then we were on our own. It took us a couple of days to get it done (nothing is ever quick when you have kids running around) and some help from a friend, but it was well worth it! It really dresses up the living room and we actually use it now. Before we didn't, because it was such an eye sore and we didn't want to attract attention to it.

Jennifer


Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good. You did such a beautiful job! I love it!

    ReplyDelete